Based in Austin, Texas
April 22, 2014
Morning Coffee is a short 'game poem' that looks at our tiny day-to-day interactions through a larger lens.
Morning Coffee was the first full release from Animal Phase, and the intent was to 'feel' rather than 'experience'.
- Simple mouse-only input, no skill requirements.
- A short, dense experience that will respect your time.
There are currently no trailers available for Morning Coffee. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Official Selection, Different Games" Morning Coffee, Brooklyn, NY, NYU MAGNET Center, April 11-12, 2014
- "Official Selection, ICIDS 6" Morning Coffee, Istanbul, Turkey, November 6-9, 2013
- "It's a game that swells from dreary minutiae to an almost unfathomable vastness. […] No reading is inherently invalid so long as it is conjured with well-judged thought. So go ahead, play it, and see what you can extract from its poetic structure."
- Chris Priestman, Kill Screen
- "It’ll show you it’s one-button control scheme for about three seconds before turning you loose with that familiar mug, those familiar keys in that familiar apartment with the familiar view. […] I feel like Animal Phase will inspire a ton of bandwagoners, there will be a jam’s worth of little poem games which try to capture a reality in the same way, but I don’t think that it will ever work again."
- Winston, Pivot States
- "[…] ready or not, we’re out to face what lies beyond our door. It’s a pleasant little contemplative experience that may refresh you […]"
- Alice O'Connor, Rock, Paper, Shotgun
About Animal Phase
interactives & other game-likes
More information on Animal Phase, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Morning Coffee Credits
design & dev